Those who know me realize what a fanboy I am for Google. My co-workers told me today they could have a drinking game based on how many times I mention Google.
In spite of the teasing, Google has a winner with Google Music. Sure iTunes has been around for a while but I see some great things here. What are they?
- Sample plays are 1 1/2 minutes instead of 30 seconds
- You can share a full play with your friends
- Free Music
- Upload 20,000 songs of your own for free to stream
- Listen via the cloud
- Integration with Google+ (the vast wasteland that I like)
- Independent artists can post their music and collect 70% of revenue
- Catalog seems deep enough, I found the Stanley Brothers (see image)